Think online reviews don’t matter? Think again!
According to Forbes, taking control of online reviews on sites such as Google My Business is “the single most important thing [businesses] can do to attract new customers.” Why? Because 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business, and 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Let’s face it. The days of thumbing through the yellow pages and asking your next-door neighbor are long gone.
With just a few clicks, consumers can now search, compare, and review countless local business options. It’s easy, fast, and efficient, and if your facility doesn’t show up, there’s a good chance customers won’t ever even consider using it.
The good news is that getting your facility up and running on major review sites is really pretty simple. In fact, you can get your business set up with a review link for Google My Business just by following a few easy steps.
Note: Before you get started, you’ll want to make sure your business is registered and verified on Google My Business. You can find out more here.
There are two ways to create a Google My Business review link. Follow the instructions below, and get ready for your first five-star review!
Use Google Search to Find Your Business and Create a Link
- Open your internet browser and go to google.com.
- Using Google, search for your business. If your storage company has multiple locations, add the city and state to the end of your search. For example, if you just search "storage masters" then nothing shows up on the right side. However, searching for "storage masters o'fallon mo" brings up the O'Fallon location.
- If your business shows up in the call-out box on the right, click on “Google Reviews” next to the stars within the box. If your business doesn’t show up in a special box, use the Google Place ID Lookup Tool (details below).
- Click on the blue “Write a Review” button.
- When the review box appears, simply copy the URL in your browser address bar.
Use the Google PlaceID Lookup Tool to Create a Link
- Go to Google’s PlaceID Lookup Tool. You can find it here.
- Enter your business name in the search bar at the top of the map. Select your business from the drop-down list.
- Copy the unique PlaceID from the box (Figure 5).
- Add your unique Place ID to the following URL to create a unique review link for your business: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=<place_id>
Example from above: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJKSY2Y2nX3ocRs9BUnsVbXZE
Once you have created a unique link for customer reviews, you can use it in a variety of places to encourage reviews of your business.
Send an email after a business transaction. Include it in your storage facility welcome paperwork. Just remember that it’s against Google policy to offer incentives or rewards for submitting a review!
For more information, check out Google’s business review support page.
If you enjoyed this article, here are some others you might like: