Portable storage units can help businesses solve many different types of problems.
In addition to being weatherproof and secure, portable storage containers are available in many various sizes. Specific needs shed light on which container dimension is preferable to solve a specific problem.
Renters can decide where they want to place the container—on-site or off-site.
Rental terms are flexible so portable storage units are perfect for both long-term and short-term needs. The rental duration can help answer some questions about what size and material are best for the container.
Will it be rented for many months and will continually be filled without taking anything out? Then it might be better to get a larger container initially.
Many businesses have found that using portable storage containers are more cost-effective than renting or buying enormous retail locations or additional office space.
Sometimes a specific piece of real estate has everything a business needs to operate, but the cost is too high because it has too much space. Companies can't chop up real estate and pay for only what they need.
Portable storage is useful to reframe your property search and settle on a plot of land or building that has everything you need but would be better with some more space. A portable container can provide that bit of extra space needed to more efficiently budget.
Here are just a few of the ways that companies can use portable storage containers.
- Retails stores can store off-season goods or fixtures in portable storage units, which is particularly helpful for locations with limited warehouse space.
- Construction companies can use portable storage units at remodeling or restoration projects.
The units can store goods from the client’s home, supplies, and equipment needed for the job.
- Retail stores can keep any excess inventory in a container until it is needed—freeing up valuable storage space.
A store might be more confident ordering things they want for the future without confusing their day to day stock and operations.
- Businesses of all types can use portable storage to relocate employees or offices from one location to another.
Businesses don't move as frequently as individuals, but it does happen.
- If a business sponsors a 5K run or charity event, portable storage containers can be used to store supplies, such as t-shirts, water, and snacks.
Containers are resilient, and any outdoor event may be subject to inclement weather.
- During store remodels or construction, portable storage units are ideal for storing fixtures, inventory, and equipment.
Some items are precious to businesses operations. In these brief moments of displacement, it is important to feel these items are safe and organized.
- Construction companies can use portable storage units to securely store valuable tools and equipment at construction sites.
A long-term construction project will favor leaving their tools readily on-hand. Portable containers can be close to protect, use, then store for each day.
- Portable storage containers can function as a pop-up store or a mobile field office.
An extremely temporary business venture or marketing campaign can use a container to fill with product and sell in a highly localized way.
A construction company can have the site manager and their relevant documents and plans in a centralized location on-site.
- Businesses of all types can securely store files and records in portable storage units.
Each business has a varying degree of databasing and frequency of recurring access to that data. Portable storage can help to organize this information for a smaller venture.
- Schools growing in size or district can place portable storage on campus to store athletic or band equipment. Schools may even offer containers to students for bike parking during days of bad weather.
Schools have been using collapsable classrooms for decades now. So, the concept of portable space is not new to this sector.
- Portable storage is ideal for transporting or storing bulky equipment.
Portable storage containers spend a lot of their time empty or filled on the back of a truck traveling from place to place. If businesses need confidence in transporting precious cargo, then portable storage will be more reliable than renting a moving company.
- In the event of flooding or fire, disaster recovery operations can make use of portable storage containers.
This example is a way to consider contingency plans. If a business finds itself needing to salvage, organize, and sift through items, then a container could be useful.
- Separated workspaces and their interlocked uses can help optimize workflow.
Portable storage containers can function as a separate workshop for businesses short on space.
As the list above demonstrates, almost any type of business can benefit from renting portable self storage.
If your business is short on space, before looking for a larger office or retail space—consider how portable storage containers might satisfy that need and save money.
Most likely, portable storage saves time and money by avoiding long-term commitments that aren't always the best arrangement for a given business.
Portable storage units provide businesses with flexible, secure storage when and where it is needed most.
For more self storage articles, take a look at:
- Portable Storage: The Versatile and Scalable Hobby Business You Didn't Know Was Possible
- Getting Started with Portable Storage Investing
- How Portable Storage Containers Solve Problems for Retail Businesses